Pages

Recipes

12.22.2011

brown sugar body scrub

Need a pick-me-up with zero calories?  I stumbled upon this sweet recipe in the September 2011 issue of Health magazine.  It's a simple, thrifty and scrumptious way to indulge your skin, winter, summer or anytime in between.  I use it everywhere, from my face all the way to the bottom of my feet.  I was a bit worried the olive oil would make my face break out as I'm prone to have oily skin on my face but drier skin everywhere else, but all I was left with was baby soft skin and a glowing complexion, head to toe!  This one's a keeper!

Brown sugar body scrub

1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsps olive oil
pinch of nutmeg for fragrance (optional)

Grind the brown sugar first in a coffee grinder or food processor first if you want a less abrasive scrub. ( I didn't.)  Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and pinch of nutmeg (mmmm) and use your fingers to combine into a wet paste.  Store in a plastic container.  You'll want your face and/or body to be clean and wet before applying.  Use circular motions to rub in the goodness and rub off those dead skins cells.  Rinse with warm water.  This recipe made enough for two showers worth for me, used generously all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment