Pages

Recipes

2.03.2012

2 minute healthy flaxseed muffin for one (in a coffee mug)



I'm getting ready to move, and my cupboards are getting down to bare bones.  However, I still have a huge tub of flaxseed and am experimenting with ways to use it.  I don't want to waste it, especially since flax is so good for you.  I came across this simple microwave muffin recipe.  The original recipe didn't include any sweetener, and it was very bland, so I added a teaspoon of brown sugar and it wasn't bad.  Alternatively, you could try using another sweetener, or just drizzle the muffin with honey after it's cooked.  After microwaving, remove it from the mug, and cut it in half.  It makes the equivalent of one big muffin, or two smaller ones.  It's not going to wow your taste buds or anything, but it's low carb and full of fiber and healthy fats, and makes for a quick breakfast or snack.


1/4 cup ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp oil (I used grape seed oil)
a coffee mug

Mix the dry ingredients together in a coffee mug.  Add the oil and egg and mix until combined.  Microwave for 45-60 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment